So I've been reminded of what it's like to hear "oh my gosh" or "oh my goodness" and stuff like that. And by stuff I mean replacing the 'swear' word with another 'less bad' word. And it's pissing me off. First of all, only SOME people can get away with it and only if they don't say it a lot but if you're constantly 'swearing' just say bitch or shit already. Clearly if you didn't want to swear, you wouldn't even need to replace words.
Secondly, god is not a swear word. Don't get me started.
THIRDLY, you are still swearing. YES YOU ARE. It doesn't matter what word you're saying, if it replaces a 'swear' word, you are cursing. If you call someone a witch and you mean bitch, you are swearing because the intentions are clear. You can say you called someone a 'witch' but we all know you meant bitch and therefore....you lose. Saying gosh and goodness are the exact same thing. You're replacing the word with god, not saying it differently or more 'kindly'. Yhea I can call someone naive, but that's the same thing as dumbass too.
No comments:
Post a Comment